I thought the first half of A Feast for Crows was a little slow. Still good, but slow. Things happened, but it all felt a little "episodic."
However, after the last Greyjoy chapter (entitled "The Reaver"), I felt like the book really picked up steam. The Jaime/Cersei/Brienne chapters started to build momentum towards their respective climaxes, more entertaining characters are introduced (specifically the awesome bunch of Lannisters in Jaime's storyline), and most of all, there are no more smelly Greyjoy chapters to drag things down. Heh.
So, Lea, if you're stuck on that last Greyjoy chapter, just remember: Things get good from here on out (even the Cersei chapters... just keep reading, I promise you!)
4 comments:
Question: Is it wrong that I kind of...like Victarion? Or, like, I'm rooting for him I guess. Granted I haven't finished the chapter yet so things could change, but I kind of hate Euron and I want Damphair and Victarion to overthrow him. IDK IDK these are weird feelings for me. I'm actually admitting to not hating a Greyjoy *shudders*.
Eh. This whole book's been kind of 'meh' for me, but I beieve you that it gets better.
Well, I feel bad for Victarion because of what Euron did to him.
But I have to say, other than Asha and her uncle the Reader, I don't really like any of the Ironborn peoples. They're just a bunch of grim, humorless, jerkfaces and all they think about is conquering and screwing other people over.
I don't want Victarion to "win", I don't want Damphair to "win," and I don't want Euron to "win". It's like the Michigan St/Notre Dame game -- I just want a big hole to open up underneath and swallow them all. It's like the Iran/Iraq war -- can't they all lose?
That must be why I liked AFFC so much after the Reaver chapter -- NO MORE GREYJOYS!!!!
hahahaha you make a very good point. I don't want them to win AT ALL, because I, in general, don't like their house, but I guess if it's a Victarion vs. Euron thing, I'm picking Victarion. I would pick Asha, but I just don't see how she could possibly win the throne. It would be sweet if that happened though.
After they figure out who's going to be king, they should just go away and stay on their island and talk about their Drowned God forever and not bother the rest of the kingdom.
Oh, dude, the Drowned God is so frickin' boring! Enough with the stupid, boring Drowned God already Damphair!!!!
And yeah, I'm Team Victarion over Team Euron, fo' sho'. But in general, just go away Greyjoys. They're always messing things up for everybody and I don't care about them. They're just annoying.
Post a Comment