Thursday, July 29, 2010

HELLS YEAH

HOLY EFFIN' CRAP. THEY DID IT. THOSE HBO MFers DID IT. THEY DID IT. IT IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF CASTING. I CAN'T FREAKING BELIEVE THEY DID IT. LIKE A LASER BEAM OF BRILLIANCE FROM MY BRAIN TO THE CASTING DIRECTOR'S HEART. IT HAS HAPPENED. WE HAVE ACHIEVED HBO GAME OF THRONES NIRVANA. THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS OVER. FORGET THAT OTHER DANCE THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN BITCHING ABOUT LATELY. THAT DANCE IS SUCK. THIS DANCE IS PURE WIN.

DANCE TIME NOW, BITCHES.

CHARLES DANCE.

5 comments:

JJ said...

If one wished to become acuainted with Mr. Dance's work, where best would one begin?

Elfy said...

It's a damn fine piece of casting. Considering that I last saw Charles Dance in Merlin, playing a Witchfinder he probably wasn't quite that hard to get. I believe he's also recently played Lord Vetinari in a filmed version of Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld book Going Postal.
JJ, Dance has done so much over a long and distinguished career that it's really hard to know where to start with him. There's about an equal amount of quality and dross in his CV. My best advise would be to check him on imdb and see if anything there takes your fancy. If you want to see him and Julian Glover (recently recast as Maester Pycelle in AGoT) together you could try For Your Eyes Only, Roger Moore's 5th outing as James Bond 007 (sorry I'm a Bond freak) where they act together. Glover is the villain Kristatos and Dance has a much smaller role as one of his henchmen.

JJ said...

I can't believe I misspelled "acquainted."

(hangs head in shame)

Thanks, Elfy.

Mrs. Jennifer Zbytowski said...

What made me see Charles Dance as Tywin was his role in the BBC miniseries "Bleak House." When they first announced a Game of Thrones TV show, my mind went right to Dance as Mr. Tulkinghorn. It's a very Tywin-y role, where he has power and authority over many people's lives and he's a brilliantly cold and ruthless villain, with a menacing calm.

This is my first bit of "dream casting" turning out to be right (I was stoked about Dinklage and Bean, of course, but I found out about them at the same time I found out about the show, so I can't exactly call them my "dream" actors -- I didn't have time to dream of them!)

This makes the news about losing Blackfish for season one A LOT more bearable.

Lea said...

WHOO!!!!!!! :D





never heard of him